Technical characteristics of silicone LSR
Silicone is a material with an unique combination of properties. It is highly resistant to atmospheric agents, it features excellent electrical properties, it is resistant to high temperatures, it has a good flexibility at low temperatures and a good processability.
The product is made from the molecular structure SI–O–SI–O, which gives its typical stability and low reactivity.
Typical properties of silicone
- Hardness between 20 – 75 shore/ A
- Tensile strength 6 – 10 Mpa
- Elongation 400 – 800%
- Tear strength 25 - 50 Kn/M
- Compression set resistance 15 – 25% (22h @ 175°C)
- Used temperature between -60°C to +250°C
- Volume resistance 10 Ω cm at 1 x 10 (to the 16th) Ω cm
- High transparency
- Odourless and tasteless
- In line with the European Standards with continuous contact with food
- Easy to colour
- Excellent dielectric strength
- Typical values between 25 – 35 kV/mm
- Excellent as a resistance (4.5 kV)
- Can act as an insulator or conductor
Resistant to atmospheric agents
The bond, silicone-carbon, makes it very resistant to atmospheric agents.
Not sensitive to the UV radiation effects.